Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lyme Disease Research At Purdue University

Life is a bowl of limes.

While visiting the Indianapolis Zoo, I took a break to have some lunch and a cold drink.  Seated at the next table, was a man wearing a Purdue University uniform with the words entomology department embroidered on the shoulder.  I couldn't resist starting a conversation with him about ticks and Lyme disease.  He said that he doesn't personally research tick born illness, but some of his colleagues are currently researching ticks.  I couldn't help mention to him that it took me 2 years to get a diagnosis because doctors simply are uneducated about Lyme disease here in Indiana.  He agreed that it is a big problem.

As soon as I got home from the zoo, I searched for any information about Purdue and Lyme disease. I did find something, so here is a link:

http://extension.entm.purdue.edu/publichealth/insects/tick.html

I am grateful that Purdue has taken up the cause for more Lyme disease research.

1 comment:

  1. What other universities are doing Lyme disease research?

    ReplyDelete