Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cat Scratch Fever! (The disease, not the Ted Nugent song)

Cat Scratch Fever, or Bartonella, is a co-infection that is one of many that is carried by the same deer ticks that carry Lyme disease.  Yes, you can catch it from a cat scratch.  Cats don't get this disease themselves, but they are carriers of this disease. If you have contracted Lyme, you most likely have one of the co-infections such as Catch Scratch Fever or Bartonella, and that is why it is so difficult to treat.  Your immune system gets weakened to the point that your body cannot fight off the co-infections, even with antibiotics.

One of the symptoms of Cat Scratch fever is an enlarged spleen or a splenic cyst.  My chiropractor found a cyst on my spleen just before I tested positive for Lyme disease.  Another symptom of Catch Scratch fever is swollen lymph nodes.  I had swollen nodes throughout my body.  Looking back, I can't believe that the doctors that I went to did not connect the dots.  I kept asking every doctor about the cyst on my spleen.  I asked them if my illness was related to the cyst on my spleen, and every one of them said that it was completely unrelated to my illness.  It was the most obvious evidence of a systemic illness and yet they all denied any connection.  Shame on them.  Any search of a splenic cyst should have come up with Bartonella.

Perhaps I need to change the ring tone on my phone for now to "Cat Scratch Fever."

No comments:

Post a Comment