Monday, February 16, 2015

Hear ye! Hear ye!

My hearing has become a huge issue with Lyme disease.  I have had significant hearing loss.  So much so, that I cannot hear phones ring, no matter what the ring tone or volume.  Like my hair loss, I have no idea if this will become a permanent condition or if it is a temporary manifestation of a symptom of late-stage Lyme disease.  What I can hear now, is the constant low-pitch ringing/screeching that is called tinnitus.  This is very common and troublesome symptom of Lyme disease.  At times it is more severe than others.  Some times, I do not hear it at all.

I have read recently that many have had success taking supplements.  One cure that I have read about is taking magnesium.  I will try this and update the results later.

No comments:

Post a Comment