Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Help At Last



I finally had an appointment with a Lyme disease doctor.  I had heard through the grapevine, that this doctor was not only trained in Lyme disease, but she had close relatives who had contracted Lyme disease.  She knew the symptoms and the suffering that goes with this disease.


The next day, I worked until noon and drove the back roads through the country, which proved to be a short cut to the office.  The doctor did an interview and asked me to describe my symptoms to her.  She had me fill out a questionnaire before I even came to her office.  I had also gathered records from several of my previous doctors.  I had an Eliza test that showed a high positive for Lyme disease.  When she saw that result, she said, "Well, I would have just gone with that.  I will run a Western blot test, but based on all of your symptoms, I'd say you are a typical Lyme disease patient. The test will take 3-4 weeks to get back. Do you want to start taking antibiotics now, or wait for the results?"

I said, "I'd like to start now.  I have been waiting almost 3 years to get treated."
She emailed my prescription to the pharmacy.  I thanked her and drove off to pick it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment